North Lincoln County Historical Museum
The North Lincoln County Historical Museum was founded in 1987 through the initiative and hard work of The North Lincoln County Pioneer and Historical Association. Beginning with one hundred and ten charter members in a small storefront, NLCHM now has a permanent home, a small staff, and a dedicated group of volunteers. Located in what historically was the village of Taft, the museum's exhibits, research library, offices and store are in a two-story, sixty-year-old building. This building was built in 1941 as the Taft-Nelscott-Delake Fire Hall, and later was occupied by City Hall until it was deeded to NLCHM in 1995. The mission of the museum is to provide the public with an educational resource dedicated to the interpretation and preservation of North Lincoln County History.
North Lincoln County Historical Museum is not affiliated with AmericanTowns Media